Tuesday, July 18, 2023

The Words I read, The Worlds I go…

About the Poet
Meet our enigmatic wordsmith, Pradhanya Prabhu from Grade V with dreams that dance like constellations in her twinkling eyes. While she envisions a stethoscope around her neck in a few years from now, this aspiring cardiologist's heart finds happiness amidst inked pages and literary realms. In Pradhanya’s own words, from the tender moments of childhood, she was enchanted by the symphony of words and the allure of stories/poems.
About the Poem
In her captivating quatrains, the world comes alive in kaleidoscopic hues. She eloquently expresses how, through the mesmerizing words she reads, she embarks on journeys to uncharted territories. She tells us how books and reading can take you to the unknown territories of one’s mind.

The Words I read, the Worlds I go

I sit in the shade and read my book,
I read each page, every corner and nook.
With the pages near my nose,
Sitting in the garden that smells like a rose.

Now, I'm off to go to the sea,
Tell my mom, I’ll be back for tea.
Now, I am sailing in my ship,
While seeing a seal doing a double backflip.

Now, I am on a trip,
A place where only few can be and see.
So travel, steady and slow.
Sit back; imagine the show.

Now, I see snow falling to and fro,
‘Coz, I am in Tokyo.
In the streets of Chennai,
I drink my favourite Chai.

Now, in the land of Thai,
I feel my spirits rise high,
As I eat a cherry in Pondicherry,
I go to a different-looking ferry.

Now, it is dark and gloomy,
I feel the night being so scary.
I tread on, my mind filled with dread,
I don't want to be someone’s bread.

How I wish the pages would,
Keep going on for infinity and beyond.
As I see the words THE END,
I leave my IMAGINARY LAND.
                                                                - By Pradhanya Prabhu


11 comments:

  1. Excellent Pradhanya.. That was so beautiful. You should keep writing more poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure, Pradhanya is a true wordsmith and an imaginative dreamer. With her words, she invites us to explore the enchanting realms of her imagination, leaving us longing for more as we bid farewell to her captivating literary escapades. She captures the sheer joy and wonder of immersing oneself in books/reading, evoking a sense of delight and imagination that a true lover of literature can achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel delighted, relaxed and cool on reciting your poem, Pradhanya. In fact, I have also joined your imaginative world when I read through it...Keep up your work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I am really impressed! I wish you to continue writing poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! Pradhanya, your imaginary poetry thundering our hearts. Keep traveling on the journey, excitedly waiting for the next travel with you. Hurry !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pradhanya dear!!!!!
    It was truly amazing from the bottom of your heart dear! Was exploring with you in your wonderful dream world & feeling everything that you have penned down. Great job my dear little Wordsworth. Keep on exploring & expressing your thoughts, Pradhanya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remarkable Pradhanya. You have impressed me with an imaginary poem. Please continue writing poetry! I am eagerly waiting for your next masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Good, Pradhanya. Keep it up. 👏☺️

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was total bliss reading a fresh poem by a budding poetess like you Pradhanya!!!! You have inspired many now... keep writing !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pradhanya you praiseworthy poet,
    what an incredible piece of art!
    Do you possess any magical pen?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prathanya, you have written the poem brilliant. Best wishes to write more poems.

    ReplyDelete